Monday, July 5, 2010

Jenny's Light Golf Tournament

This post is a little late, but I wanted to do it anyway. If you remember from here, I was involved in a golf tournament to raise money for a cause that weighs heavy on my heart. A couple of friends/blog readers made donations that I greatly, greatly appreciated. Mrs. Blumberg donated hotel stays during some prime!!!! weekends, and Mrs. Kendall donated this painting:

DSC_0009

I cried when I saw it. It's named Jenny's Light, and it represents the lives that are being effected by her witness.
DSC_0010

If you'd like to see some more paintings by Kendall Boggs (who was my Mom's best friend growing up :)), you can visit her website here. She is so, so talented!

The tournament was a lot of fun, and I got to take pictures...Like I wore a camera around my neck, drove around in a golf cart and commanded people to smile...AND THEY MINDED ME! It was a lot of fun. Here are a few of my favorites. I hope they inspire y'all to come out and play with us (and buy raffle tickets and bid on items and sponsor a hole...) next year :)
DSC_0001

DSC_0025

DSC_0032

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0073

DSC_0081

DSC_0087

DSC_0092

DSC_0096

DSC_0146

DSC_0186

DSC_0190

DSC_0192

DSC_0196

DSC_0235

3 comments:

kendall Boggs said...

Abs! thank you so much for the shout out! You are just the sweetest thing ever!!! So glad the tournament went great and I will continue to support Jenny's Light!
loves and hugs,
k

andi said...

What a wonderful tribute. The pictures are wonderful and so full of life. Many hugs to you sweet friend! I am so thankful God has laid this cause on your heart! The picture Kendall did is breathtaking!

Kendall boggs said...

Abby, thank you so much for the shout out! I am so proud of you for supporting this wonderful cause.
I love you sweetie!
Kendall