Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day Eight

It was the most comfortable night I've ever spent camping...but that's not saying a whole lot :) I can say that I was neither too hot nor too cold, except for those couple of times I woke up and my butt cheeks felt numb ;). And those little pads they sell to put underneath your sleeping bag, make quite a difference on the 'ol hipbones. I crawled out of our tent to see this:

DSC_0238

The rising sun and fog over the mountains. A couple of sweet sleeping faces:

DSC_0239

And my husband getting breakfast started on the fire:

DSC_0247

DSC_0241

I am willing to "rough it" when it looks this good :) We had eggs, sausage, cheese toast, and coffee,

DSC_0242
And apparently Mary Aplin's night was too rough to feed herself. Thankfully, Sister was there to help...as always.

We took a walk through the fields,
DSC_0253

And then we broke camp and spent the rest of the morning getting prepared to tube down the Madison River.
DSC_0257

I didn't dare take my camera with me in the water, but here's a shot of some other tubers. Apparently it's quite the past-time, and people float on all types of things...including air mattresses :)

DSC_0263

As we lolled down the cool, rolling river, underneath the big Montana sky, with mountains towering on either side of us, I wished for my sisters. Taylor, Caroline, Kendall--it was our kind of paradise. A sport that revolves around laying out ;) We L.O.V.E.D. all three glorious hours!

That night, tuckered out from camping, and sun, and water, we had a low-key night. Mrs. Ohs taught us how to make sushi, and we watched Willow while we ate her favorite strawberry ice cream.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Who is Mrs. Ohs??? I will must need to re read some earlier posts lol

Natalie said...

oh abby! i am so loving these posts of yours. isnt every day you get to travel cross country like this with your family...i am living vicariously through you as i melt seven months pregnant in the lower alabama HEAT. thanks for the escape :) take care!
xo
nat

Marianna said...

Ohhh, I am so jealous! I love the Madison...the most beautiful river. How blessed you all are to be enjoying such precious time together in one of the most amazing landscapes! Soak it up, girl!

Caroline said...

Wow!!!! I am just wishin I was along for the beautiful scenery and fun events! I would have totally been your photographer only if I was not married ;)

Miss you guys SOOOO much and I have some things to talk to you about soon :) Much much love and many hugs from Birmingham

Caroline said...

Wow!!!! I am just wishin I was along for the beautiful scenery and fun events! I would have totally been your photographer only if I was not married ;)

Miss you guys SOOOO much and I have some things to talk to you about soon :) Much much love and many hugs from Birmingham

Gail said...

The new PIC's speak...volumes of Gods beauty! You are really "in it" Soooo pretty and peaceful looking! Enjoy the day and time.....This is a gift for sure!!!! Safe travels and God Speed...and on to the next story!!! :O)

andi said...

What fun! :) It is beautiful. What memories!

Nancy said...

Looks heavenly!!