Thursday, November 29, 2007

Still Waiting



This is the first time I have been back on the computer since the last posting. Things are pretty hectic around this house most of the time. I just wanted to thank you all for the overwhelming love and support through your emails and posts on this blog. It's amazing how God can hug and encourage you through His people. I have run into people I've never even met before, here in Dothan, who have told me they were waiting for an update on this blog :) It's humbling and exciting how quickly word spreads and how sincere people have been to love and encourage our family. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You can't imagine how much it means.

Mom has good days and not so good days. She had a blood transfusion Tuesday, was still really weak and rested most of the day on Wednesday, and woke up this morning and asked if we all wanted to go to the Waffle House :)! She was even able to sit up in the front seat for the ride there. We are just trying to love on her during the bad days and thank God for every good day, while we wait to see the manifestation of the healing we feel like He has promised. There have been prayer warriors in this town, in other towns, in other countries even who have contacted us to share words of healing the Lord has given them as well. In our darkest moments, it seems like God is continually producing someone else to lift us up with their own word for us from Him.

On the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, another healer (a man who had actually been raised from the dead and has written a book about it) came to lay hands on Mom. Again, just like with Gene Hall, he wasn't someone that we sought out. A family friend called Dad and said this man was coming in town to spend Thanksgiving with their family, and they would like to bring him over to pray for Mom. I got to be in the room this time around, and it was a moving experience. He explained (with Scripture) a lot of the same things that Gene Hall had told Mom to be doing, that we had just taken on faith. For example, he told us that we need to thank God for His healing now...even though we don't see it yet. He reasoned that we have not seen physical evidence of our salvation, but we still say that we ARE saved. Even though we haven't gone to heaven yet, we still believe we have salvation NOW. In the same way, God has promised healing, so we need to thank Him for it NOW. That's part of faith. He, like Gene, expressed the power behind our words, and the importance of Mom being surrounded by people who encourage her with their words. Humans are the only other beings that God fashioned in His own image, and how did God create the world?...by speaking it into existence. Satan, and his demons, cannot read our thoughts, but they can hear our words. If we speak our fears aloud, then it gives him a foothold of something to use against us.

I didn't really plan on writing out all of that, but I have been learning so much since I've been here. I believe that there is more intimate fellowship with God, that we can have on this earth, that I have been missing out on. I don't feel like I've been wrong, but I do feel like I want to experience all of Him that I can. I heard this healer start to speak in tongues. It was BEAUTIFUL and so obviously of God. No man could make their voice do what his was doing. I was awestruck. He anointed her with oil and water from the Jordan River, while we all prayed. The Lord was almost palpable in that room. The healer said that he had seen people raised from the dead without feeling the anointing as much as he did when he was laying hands on Mom. Please keep praying with us, having faith with us. Thank you for your love and prayers!

22 comments:

katie mcneil said...

Hey Abby, I just wanted you to know that we love you and are praying for you and your family. You are so sweet and such a wonderful mom to your two girls, they are so blessed to have you. we all love you!
Katie Chris and Jack McNeil

Tegan said...

And I am STILL praying!!!!!! He is faithful! I love you!

Beth Goff said...

Hey Abby- I am Beth, Natalie McGough's best friend from Atlanta (I met yall at their wedding), and I just wanted to let you know I am praying for your mom and thinking of your family! Thank you for updating us and please know I am in California praying for yall and will put your mom on our prayer list. My husband is a worship pastor in the San Francisco Bay area. God bless and believe!
Beth

The Jernigan's said...

Abby,
I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. Keep up your strong faith. You truly amaze me. God bless you all.
Your little girls are absolutely adorable!
Lauren Jernigan

JMM said...

I am already thanking God for Becky's healing. I do believe and won't stop praying.
We love your family
Janet Martin

Anonymous said...

Abby/Jeremiah,
I went to school with Jeremiah and was looking at Will and Kristen Barron's blog and came across your family. I don't know either of you too well but wanted you to know that I will be praying for your mother and your family. Stay strong and have a Happy Holiday Season.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Abby,

Just wanted to let you know that we are still praying for your mom. Your family has been so heavy on my heart lately...I check your blog every day to see if there are any updates. We are BELIEVING God for healing!

Valerie Corrie Rice

Dona said...

Abby- we are praying here at the Stickler house! We love you all and are looking forward to the prayer walk! Those pictures are wonderful- treasure them! We're Believing God!

Anonymous said...

Abby - We are praying for your Mom and all of your family here in Texas! What a precious family you have! Love, Elizabeth (Yarbrough)Ellis

Robin said...

Our heart and prayers are so with all of you. We are waiting on the HEALING to become a reality in Becky's life. We love all of you so much. Robin

Anonymous said...

Abby,
What a strong and sweet soul you are! Your mom and your family are truly an inspiration to me and others. I will be praying for all of you through this healing process! God is good and knows all of our needs. Stay strong and Keep your Faith!!!
Laura Martin

Katie said...

Abby

I am praying for you guys right now!!!!!

Katie B

the bristen blog said...

abby, beth & i read your blog consistently and keep up through mrs. linda. please know that we are all praying for your mom & family. we are believing with you! keep updating us!
love,
kristen (fredrickson) bailey

Anonymous said...

I AM LAURIE YOUNG(LAURA BETH'S MOM).GOD IS ALL POWERFUL. I AM SPEAKING AND BELIEVEING THAT HE WILL COMPLETELY HEAL YOUR MOTHER, BECKY. HE IS ABLE TO DO ANYTHING. BECKY IS A KD SIS OF AMY AND BETH YOUNG( MY SIS' IN LAW).

Lauren S. Hauge said...

Abby and Clark Family -
The Hauge's are lifting you and your mom up to the Lord! We Believe! Lots of Love,
Jeff, Lauren, Mary Fuller and Brooks

Sandy said...

Abby-
I've known your mom since we were little girls - I think since we were five. We went to high school together. Your dad is our Golden's doc :) and I know Caroline from NHS ("Miss" Sandy). Please know that your mom and all of you are in my prayers everyday and in my heart.I know so many other people who are praying as well. Please tell your mom that Veda Gray "Bowling" Woods is also praying in Birmingham. I plan to be at the prayer walk on Sunday night.
Sending love and prayers-
Sandy Avant Anderson

Ernestine said...

Your family is an inspiration to all and we are in prayer for Becky's earthly healing, which we KNOW God can do. God bless each of you. Jim and Ernestine Woodcock

Anonymous said...

Abby, I taught your mother in the fourth grade when I did my student teaching at Heard. My husband and I pray for her and your family every day. She has always been a special person.

Anonymous said...

Hello Abby - You were babysat by my daughter, Crisina Jordan many years ago. Clay Jordan is my son and he was friends with the Maddox boys. Your family has been in my prayers for many years. The Lord has not and will not forget you and ignore everyone's prayers. Have a blessed Christmas and know that you are loved. Paula Little - I am very happily married to Lawson Little

Unknown said...

Abby, I just want you to know I have been thinking about you and your family a lot lately. I do not know the extent of the journey you have been through but I am here for you, praying that God's will be done.
Love, Lauren P.

CHRISTINA TAMMARINE said...

HEY ABBY THIS IS YOUR OLD CHILD HOOD FRIEND CHRISTINA FROM ROACHTON RD I HAVE BEEN THINKIN ABOUT U YOUR MOM AND WILLY!! PLEASE CALL ME 419-932-4623 CHECK UR MY SPACE TOO