Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Candlelight Prayer Walk

I just wanted to share this with all of you. Some people at our church have gotten this together, and we are excited and humbled.

Join us as we come together for a
Candlelight Prayer Walk for Becky Clark



A Time for Faith and Friends
Community-Wide Invitation
Sunday, December 16
7:30 p.m.
Home of Becky & Ken Clark
206 Whatley Drive
Parking
Meet at the Westgate Tennis Complex.
Transportation will be provided by Southern Coaches, courtesy of John Adams.
Prayer Walk
Bring a white utility candle.
Upon arriving at the Clark home, we will begin, with candles lit, walking
the block around their home, praying as we circle around.
If you are unable to walk, please join us in prayer outside the Clark home.
Following the initial prayer walk, Dr. Johnny Fain will lead the group in a joint prayer.
Bro. Terry Taylor will then lead the group as we sing Christmas carols.
(In case of rain, please plan to meet Monday, December 17.)
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

11 comments:

Tegan said...

i'm so sad that we can't be there to walk with you, but please know that we will be there in prayer!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so beautiful! Pace and Mary Aplin are beautiful too! I just want you to know that Wayne and I wish that we could be there this Sunday. We will continue to pray for your mom here though. We love y'all and are thinking about y'all constantly!

JMM said...

Gary & I are excited about the prayer walk for Becky. I learned to do this in Guatemala and it was wonderful. We are praying everyday to see God's healing.
Love Janet Martin

coffeeiv said...

I haven't seen your mom since a reunion in 1997, but I am praying for her, Ken, all you girls, her doctors and nurses, and the whole community. Remember that it's not all up to you. Take that yoke off and give it to God. The disciples who "didn't have enough faith" didn't even try or want the healing for those people in their hearts. God knows if your faith alone could physically heal Becky, she'd have never gotten sick in the first place. He alone knows what kind of healing and when, and this prayer walk is a way to enter into a surrender to his will. Ya'll are showing incredible faith. God will honor that, but maybe not exactly the way and time we have in mind. I wish I could be there in body, but I'm there in spirit!

His peace and healing,

Lin Poyner Haraway

Darby said...

Abby, I'm praying! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Abby, we'll be there in spirit and, as always, praying for the Clarks!

Kendall Boggs said...

Abby,
I just want to tell you how great it was seeing all of you Tuesday. You are all such a wonderful family and it was just wonderful seeing the faith and the strength that you all have. I so appreciate you all letting me spend time with Becky. She has always been the "light of my life" and will continue to be! I am on my knees praying for healing. I know God has a wonderful plan for her. Please give her a kiss for me. I love you guys and I am praying for you all.
All my love,
Kendall

Anonymous said...

MY SWEET ABBY,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN YOU HAVE BECOME. YOUR FAMILY IS ON MY HEART AND IN MY PRAYERS SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. TELL ME PHYSICALLY WHAT I COULD DO FOR ANY OF YOU AND I WILL.
MIAH, I HOPE ABBY IS KEEPING FRESH LEMONADE FOR YOU!
MUCH LOVE,
MRS. TA

erika said...

Abby,
Darby called yesterday to tell me to pray for you and Jeremiah, your family, and especially for your mom. I wanted to let you know that Chance and I are praying!!!!
lots of love,
erika

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for Becky and your whole family and were so moved by the power of the prayers at the service on Sunday night. You have a wonderful family and God will continue to bless you.

Anonymous said...

WE LIVED ACROSS THE STREET FROM YOU AT 303 WHATLEY DR. SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY ALL SMILING AND WAVING WHEN WE WOULD PASS. WE NOW LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM. WE HAVE BEEN IN PRAYER FOR ALL OF YOU AND WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY THAT OUR LORD WILL STAY BY YOUR SIDE THROUGH THIS. I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS. YOU ARE ALL SO LOVED.
DR. AND MRS. FURNIE W. JOHNSTON