Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Wedding

This is the Rehearsal Dinner, and of all the pictures below, this one may be my favorite. It's THEM, Taylor and John David. Natural, making each other laugh, joyous, in love. To answer two questions you might have...One being--Where did I get all of these incredible pictures? John David's sister, Kerie, is a photographer and she took all of these shots. Kerie, I am beyond impressed! Thank you, Thank you! Second--Why is John David wearing a crown (of some silly sort) and a robe at his Rehearsal Dinner? Neither Taylor or John David had ever had a real girlfriend/boyfriend. As a sophomore in college, if you're Taylor, things could have started looking a little grim. It wasn't that boys didn't like her. They did. But, they were always either too close of a friend to imagine kissing, OR after a date or two, they got on her last nerve. The summer before she met JD, God gave my grandma a verse for Taylor: Zachariah 9:9, "Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, ..." So for the next few months, my Mom started claiming that verse to Taylor over and over whenever she would get discouraged, "Behold, your king, he comes!" John David's Mom was making a joke about this in her speech at the Rehearsal Dinner, hence the crown and robe. Now, I am about to show some more pics, but first I want to explain the lyrics I'm going to post at the end of all the pictures. Jeremiah wrote a song (that he and his sister Alex sang at the wedding) about these two. The first part of the song is about Taylor's king coming. The second part, the boy part, is about John David. JD is a brilliant guy. Like, he could have played football at Harvard kind of smart. He is a man full of ambition, and the fact that he went from Phoenix, AZ to Auburn, AL for college is quite astonishing. He went to visit AU as sort of a courtesy to his parents (who both went there), but in no way expected that to be his college home. Once there, he just knew it was where God wanted him to stay, and now he says he came to Auburn to meet...yep, old Taylor. One more thing that will help the song make sense (if you don't know Taylor at all) is that Taylor loves to sing and play the guitar--a lot. Hope you enjoy the pictures, and the song. It was an amazing weekend. Love you T, and John David! You make me smile.
John David dancing with his Mom at the dance party we had after the Rehearsal Dinner.

Pace trying to keep us all in line before we walk down the aisle :)The reception was by the pond at my Aunt Alice and Uncle Dan's house. WE could not have asked for more perfect weather, THANK YOU JESUS! It was a 70 degree brilliant fall morning.Dapple Dapple!This is John David's sister Lanie and her little girl Addie. Don't you just want to eat both of them up.

And they were off! In a horse-drawn carriage, courtesy of Dr. Maddox.

Taylor and John David's Song

[Girl singing]From the the mouth of my own Mom,/"Girl behold your king he comes."/Long before I could see/What that summer would bring to me./Where was my faith Abraham,/When all I could see was my empty hand?

Where does a king come from?/Is it strength, is it love that gives life to his bones?/Does he come from the heaven's sky or from fairy tales,/Or somewhere in time?

[Girl Chorus] My faith could only fly so high/When all alone out in the sky,/Now that he's finally come to me/There's no such thing as gravity/Mom, can you see, He brought my king?

[Boy singing] Where did the wind come from,/That drew me up so far from my home?/I recall an angel's song,/That told my heart where I belong./Before she sang I did not understand,/What moves the heart of a man.

Where does an angel come from?/ Is it music, is it love that gives life to her bones?/Does she come from the heaven's sky/Or from stories and legends, or somewhere in time?

[Boy Chorus] A heart can only fly so high/When all alone out in the sky./When that heart hears an angel sing/There's no such thing as gravity/And that's the way it's been since you sang to me.

Then, there's a bridge where the guy and girl sing back and forth some of the lines from above. Then it ends, with a combined chorus:

A heart can only fly so high/When all alone out in the sky./When that heart finally finds its wings,/There's no such thing as gravity,/And that's the way it is with you and me.

[Girl]From the mouth of my own Mom,/"Girl behold your king he comes/[Boy]I recall an angel's song/That told my heart where I belong.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Abby!
The song was so beautiful, and so special! Adam and I were so blessed to be there to share the special time with Taylor and John David. Pics are gorgeous. Everyone did a wonderful job! It was perfect!

erika said...

Abby,
Thank you for sharing... such beautiful photos and words!!!
What a blessing!
Erika

The Jernigan's said...

I absolutely love the lyrics to that song! I wish I could hear it.

Taylor is a gorgeous bride! I love seeing the pictures!

Lauren

Heather said...

wow. i'm blown away by that song!

i know your mom was just smiling down from heaven ... sitting up there with her heavenly King.

you look so pretty!!!

Mitzi said...

You were awesum- so strong, a beautiful day. All of you were so strong.
I love being with your girls and hope it happens another day soon.
Taylor was radient.

Kellie said...

Wow! I'm in tears!

Darby said...

Oh Abby... the pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I want to see more! Please post a link when there are more to see! Hope y'all are warm this mornin'... it's chilly willy here!

Lindsey said...

absolutely amazing pictures! i love the one of Pace... so beautiful. i have no doubt the entire weekend was beautiful. thank you for sharing.

Megan said...

Abby,
Tears are falling in my mac and cheese! Beautiful . . . everything.

Megan

Dona said...

Amen! The song was beyond words! Is there a copy we can get? I was completely blown away! It was a wonderful day- so many blessings! We love ya'll! The Sticklers

andi said...

Loved seeing the pictures. I know it was a special time for you all! Love you!

Jessica Adams said...

Abby!
I wanted to write you a comment to tell you how much I miss you and those Gorgeous girls! I have told Caroline many times I would love to make a trip to bham any time to keep them for you!! Tell your amazing husband the song was amazing..such a gift from God! I love yall!

Abby Euten said...

I LOVE the one of Taylor and your dad holding hands...I don't know why but it made me tear up.

Pat Lee said...

Thank you so much, Abby, for posting those words. Wow! God has blessed Jeremiah with some wonderful gifts. The song was a masterpiece! What beautiful voices he and Alex have! Oh, what a memory for Taylor and John David on their special day. The pictures are a great recap of the weekend. Thanks for sharing them with us. YOU were absolutely stunning, big sister. And your girls, beyond precious!

terran said...

abby,
thanks for this post. ive been reading your blog since we had taylor's luncheon in bham and i learned that you were such an amazing writer. i wanted to say that i was so deeply moved by the clarks and the clevelands last weekend that i could just cry every time i think about it. and reading those lyrics again....makes me a little teary-eyed. the song was so so beautiful. and, i know youve heard this so many times it must not even register with you anymore, but you are just so beautiful and special. to watch you serve your little sister that whole weekend and be so patient throughout the whole thing....mmm. i dont know what else to say. your family is amazing and touches so many people. i feel blessed to have been a small part of it. thanks again,
terran wilson