Monday, March 22, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Blair

Let me begin by saying that all of these pictures were taken by Caroline's sweet friend Brooke (the cute blond on the left), who I think may have a future in photography if she wants one. Thanks for letting me steal these from you, Brooke! My camera is in the back of my car at some car dealership in Clanton, because we broke down on the side of the road on the way home yesterday :) YAY!!!! A story for another blog.We had a BLAST, over the last few days. (This is all four of us Clark girls for anybody new.) And if this were high school, I feel pretty sure Caroline and Riley would have been voted "Cutest Couple" and "Best Smiles" Don't you just want to pinch them?! They were absolutely glowing the whole weekend.
We kick-started the wedding festivities with a rehearsal dinner, hosted by Riley's parents. It was in the old train station in historic downtown Dothan and was a great combination of elegance and rustic charm...and a delicious four course meal!
I love rehearsal dinners. Hearing about the couple through the eyes of their friends is so...telling. I heard that Caroline is bubbly, loving, giving, organized, loves the Lord, and could eat Riley with a spoon. I heard that Riley is a strong Christian leader, devoted friend, role model, former Casanova :), loves Caroline enough to set the world ablaze, and never once raised his voice towards his mother :)
And look, it's all the new brothers......plus one we love enough he should be one.
I am amazed at what a gift these men are to our family. I just never thought about how much fun it would be to add a bunch of boys to our tight-knit group of sisters. Honestly, if I thought about it at all, it was probably more with a sense of leeriness at what husbands might do to spread us apart;...the opposite has been true. Seeing them love each other and us has added more love, and lots more fun, to the old Clark family. I could not ask for better brothers!

Now on to the wedding day! I feel certain my Mom was whispering in God's ear on Saturday morning, because we could not have personally ordered a more perfect spring morning. Seventy degrees, bright sunshine, and a cool breeze. Absolute perfection...just like these beautiful bridesmaids:
And these groomsmen, who apparently have an inner model just bursting to get out.
And maybe a little silliness too (sorry Reed, but this was too funny to pass up :))Somewhere between that picture and this next one, we watched God bind together two souls before a great cloud of witnesses.The reception was planned totally by Caroline and Dad, and they did an INCREDIBLE job! There was such a sweet and touching simplicity in watching Caroline be married in my Mom's wedding dress (that my Grandma made) and then celebrate in the home where we'd all grown up. It felt...right, easy. And every little imperfection in the yard or house (which were very few because Dad and Konie both scrubbed and painted and decorated like mad people), is what made it home.

There was a bluegrass band playing in a big white tent in the front yard
And food and cake on the back patio, underneath an arbor (that Jeremiah and Tommy built together one summer) laden with Confederate Jasmin.And after food had been eaten and dances were danced, it was time for Mr. and Mrs. Blair to head off for their honeymoon.
Pace was excited that she was finally going to get to throw the rose petals she'd been too nervous to scatter down the aisle :)And we all lined our circular driveway to tell them goodbye

and they drove off into the sunset.

14 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh, I knew everything would be perfect!! Beautiful family. Everything looked great!!

Brandi Bartee said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a beautiful time for your family!

Susannah said...

Beautiful pictures on a beautiful weekend! Congratulations to your sister and new brother in law!

Anonymous said...

ha ha Abby - i think it is my beastly arm getting ready to peg Riley with a ball of rose petals in the next to last photo....
but great desciption :)
see you soon.
taylor

Lindsay said...

LOVE IT!!!! Looks perfect- Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kellie said...

Beautiful!!! Hope this week is just as fun!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!!

Kelley Brown said...

Love the pics and so glad everything went smoothly. Caroline looked radiant, and your mom's dress looked so beautiful on her. Pace looked so cute! Was thinking about ya'll!

Unknown said...

Everything was wonderful!! We had such a great time! Caroline was gorgeous! We are so happy for them! btw-the house next door to us just went up for sale....Adam said, take a pic and call them!! haha.

Erin said...

what a beautiful event! it's amazing that sisters are able to "pick" such wonderful men that mix together with the whole family so well! we got lucky in our family of 3 girls and our men too :)

Wanting What I Have said...

Abby, what a wonderful, beautiful weekend! I got a lump in my throat when I saw the pic of your daddy kissing her goodbye. How precious. I am so happy for your precious family!

Jack said...

Hey Abby, so glad the weekend went well. My brother was one of the groomsmen and I heard that the groomsmen and their wives had a great time, loved the weekend, and loved Dothan! Hope preparing for the upcoming move is going well.

kendall Boggs said...

Oh Abs!!! I am just so sick that I missed this beautiful event! When I saw the pics on FB I immediately recognized your mom's wedding gown. I remember your grandmother slaving over that dress for hours and hours. All those covered buttons. I was so jealous of your mom for that beautiful dress. I also remember a beautiful strand of pearls that your grandparents gave her. It was just such a wonderful day just like Caroline's must have been. You all look so amazing. Just wanted to let you know that!
I love you!
Kendall

Beth Goff said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your pics!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Such beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing with us!